Thrive With Knez.
Knez Homes is on a search to find an Architectural Designer to join our team! While working in this position, you should expect a pleasant, casual office space that thrives off of productivity and a special “get-it-done” attitude.
Since 1988, Knez has worked as a commercial and residential real estate developer in cities all across Northeast Ohio. The reputable and trusted image Knez holds is a reflection of our team’s dedication to constant improvement.
If you’re interested in building your career with Knez, get ready for many team outings, exploring exciting Cleveland neighborhoods and attractions, and witnessing the exponential growth of real estate development at first hand!
Your Core Responsibilities.
As an Architectural Designer, you are responsible for collaborating on Predesign, Schematic Design, and Design Development for multi-family and mixed-use projects to ensure the satisfaction of code requirements and maximize efficient and consistent construction methods. For a more complete idea of your day-to-day tasks, check out an official list of your core responsibilities:
- Predesign including zoning analysis and site planning for multi-family, mixed-use, and land acquisitions.
- Schematic Design for multi-family and mixed-use developments.
- Design Development for multi-family and mixed-use developments including material selections.
- Work with the supervisor on collaborative designs.
- Follow company architectural standards for design and maintain documentation of standards.
- Prepare presentation materials and present to city review boards.
- Collaborate with staff, subcontractors, city officials, and other necessary parties during the design and build process.
- Review project plans to ensure adherence to company and applicable code standards.
- Participate in technical advisory roles, as required.
- Ensure timely and effective handoff of designs to sales and production.
- Coordinate with outside Architects and Engineers as required.
- Maintain a high level of code knowledge and contribute to the growth and use of the knowledge library.
- Ensure effective communications.
- Coordinate with Estimating staff to establish and stay within project budgets.
- Provide material takeoffs and estimates as necessary.
- Study and implement cost savings and perceived value proposals.
- Assist supervisor with project management and construction administration.
Reach Your Fullest Potential.
Although there is an obvious set of technical skills needed for this position, the most important trait for you to possess is the continuous desire to learn. As an Architectural Designer, your role requires excellent communication and collaborative skills, precise thoroughness in detail, a high technical capacity, and an attitude that is driven by results.
What WE Need From YOU.
- Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent
- Two to five years of experience in an Architecture firm
- Experience in residential design
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to meet stated deadlines
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and rendering software preferred
- Experience with residential homebuilding preferred
- Available Hours
- Your role at Knez will require you to work typical office hours — Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a 1-hour lunch break.
- Travel Time
- Traveling for this position is very limited. If anything, the most you will travel is to local job sites.
Come Join Our Team.
Think this job sounds like a perfect fit for you? We think so too. Give yourself an opportunity to succeed in a company that prospers daily. Call 440-710-0711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.